Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shop Blogger Closets : Rachel from For the Birds

Hello! I'm Rachel from For the Birds and I am so excited to be part of this awesome Swap & Shop event! I think it's such a fun idea and I've really loved collaborating with the other girls to pull it all together. With the first drop-off day coming up on April 27th, it's time to start thinking about what you want to swap.

The other day I decided to get real with myself and do a big closet clean-out. On my blog I wrote about my tough love tips for an organized closet if you think you need some tough love yourself.

After you've gone through your closet and decided what you want to keep, decide what is "swap-worthy". A good rule I heard from someone at our last swap meeting is : if you would lend it to a friend, it's swap-worthy. Old workout clothes, stained or torn clothes should be donated to a charitable organization such as Goodwill.

Here are some of the items I'll be swapping in May:


I have two short skirts that are so cute. One is an awesome Lauren Conrad skirt with a tie-bow on the side and black lace on the bottom. The other is an amazing colorful NOTO skirt that I really love. However, I had to get really honest with myself - I'm not a short skirt girl. I always end up feeling uncomfortable in them.


This is an Ann Taylor Loft skirt that I also love, but it just doesn't fit me correctly. Your gain!


This is a DKNY dress I've only worn a handful of times. I really like it but I'm bored with it now.. again, your gain :)


Thanks for checking out my little preview, I can't wait to see your items for the swap!
-Rachel (forthebirdsblog.net)

3 comments: